DURATION OF COURSE:
- The duration of course shall be five years and six months comprising
- First Professional session – Twelve Month
- Second Professional session – Twelve Month
- Third Professional session – Twelve Month
- Final Professional session – Eighteen Month
- Compulsory Rotatory Internship – Twelve Month
First Professional Session :
The first Professional session will ordinarily start in July and the examination shall be held at the end of one academic year.
Subjects in 1st Professional Session:
- Arabic and Mantique -wa-Falsafa.ii) Kulliyat, Umoor-e- Tabiya (Basic Principles of Unani Medicine)
- Tashreehul Badan (Anatomy)
- Munafeul Aza (Physiology)
Second Professional Session :
The Second Professional Session shall start every year in the month of July. The final examination will be held in the end of month of May or June.
II. Subjects in 2nd Professional Session:
- Tareekh-e-Tib (History of Medicine)
- Tahafuzi-wa-Samaji Tib (Preventive and Social Medicine)
- Ilmul Advia (Pharmacology)
- Mahiyatul Amraz (Pathology)
III. Third Professional Session :
The third Professional session shall start every year in the month of July and the final examination will be held at the end of the month May or June.
Subjects in 3rd Professional Session:
- Communication Skills
- Ilm-us-Saidla wa Murakabat (Pharmacology)
- Tib-Qanooni-wa-Ilmus Sumoom (Juris Prudence & Toxicology)
- Sareeriyat-wa-Usool-e-Ilaj (Clinical Methods)
- Ilaj Bit Tadbeer (Regimenal Therapy)
- Amraz-e-Atfal (Paediatrics)
Final Professional Session :
The final Professional Session will be of one year and six months duration and shall start every year in the month of July and final examination will be held by the end of month of December.
Subjects in 4th Professional Session:
- Moalajat I (Medicine)
- Moalajat II (Medicine)
- Amraz-e-Niswan (Gynaecology)
- Ilmul Qabala wa Naumaulood (Obstetrics & Neonatology)
- Ilmul Jarahat (Surgery)
- Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan (Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat & Dentistry)
Student centric teaching methodology is practiced vigorously. These activities include:
- Students’ active participation in learning process is encouraged.
- Lecture method is augmented with ICT (Information Communication Technology) and other web based learning portals.
- Discussions on case studies, conduct of practical classes form a major share of teaching.
- Every student is continuously monitored for his/her academic and overall progression.
- Challenging and innovative assignments are given to the students to make them learn through exploration and seeking new knowledge.
- Students are encouraged by giving power point presentations to develop clarity of thought in the subject and gain confidence in interacting with people.
- Development of spoken and written language is ensured through extensive use of e-learning tools.
Continuous evaluation of student progress is ensured.
A minimum of 80% of attendance is compulsory to add to the University examination as well as internal assessment examination.
Minimum Marks Required for Passing & Declaration of Class :
Regular Internal assessment examination will be conducted by the college in a year three internal assessment will be conducted and the marks list containing the average of these three internal assessments shall be submitted to the well before the commencement of University examination.
No candidate shall be declared to have passed in I, II, III, IV profession. Unless he/she obtain not less than 50% of the maximum marks prescribed in each subject viz theory and practical separately in both University and Internal assessment examination.
A candidate is declared as 1st class if he/she secure 60% and above and declared as distinction 75% and above.
After passing the final professional examination students should be posted to rotatory internship in our hospital for one year.